background

Saturday, June 11, 2011

sespe creek

this morning i took damian and sophia on a walk along the trail behind our house while daddy and marcus took a much needed nap...


the trail follows the sespe creek (most famous for the condor sanctuary) all the way to the santa clara river. it is a beautiful walk and today was no exception. the wildflowers covered the ground like lace, the air smelled sweet and the sound of the breeze in the trees made me feel like i was far from the city. damian and sophia really enjoyed it too...


 

they are both sitting up very well on their own now, but for added security i loaded the bumbo chairs into the wagon...



of course being out with twins = lots of attention. i stopped along the way to take some pictures and a man walking a dog came up to me and said "i want one of those!" (scared the crap out of me!)
i thought he was talking about our wagon so i started to give him the details but he cut me short and said "no not the wagon, one of the babies! are they twins?" i was completely surprised and not sure what to say really so i just laughed him off and said "yes, yes they are twins" he followed with "are they identical? i always wanted twins"
ummm seriously?? do they look identical? and who the heck dreams of having twins?? i gave a polite response before continuing on my way but honestly it just blows my mind. i guess people just don't know what to say when they see twins or multiples? it's like we are freaks of nature or something?

i could dedicate an entire post just to the crazy things people say to us when we are out and about with the twins...multiplied by three when we add marcus to the mix. i am learning to live with it...


photos were taken on my phone using the retro camera plus app - thanks bev for turning me on to this app :)

this afternoon i am taking marcus to nanasan's house for a sleepover! he loves hanging out at my mom's and he totally adores her. just makes my soul smile to see the two of them together!

i love the weekends and i hope everyone is loving theirs! xoxo

2 comments:

Delilah said...

Wow that was a scary encounter. I have been through that trail finally just last week and we have lived here for 4 years now! LOL... We rode our bikes on that trail it's beautiful I loved it!

Becky Pitcher said...

Oh my gosh, people are CRAAAZY when they see twins! And people always joke about taking one or both of them home and I do not think it's funny!
Glad to meet another twin mama!